Thursday, September 20, 2007

A fine conscience I turned out to be!

by teresa

I love just about everything about fall...but one thing I don't like is...the crickets. They come in the house...and I hate them. To me...it's like a jumping spider. Ewww! I have been trying to track a very loud, annoying one for two days. I can hear it (and hear it and hear it) but I can't find it...to SQUISH IT! It's very clever...cause it will chirp relentlessly...but when I come close....silence.
Soccer practices were so pleasant last night. The temps. were in the 60's...which is my kind of weather. The first of the week...the highs here were 70! Now they have shot back up a bit. I can't wait till it's cool all the time. Question: when do we change our clocks back? It should be soon I think. The past couple of mornings have been really dark while I'm trying to get Ben ready for school at 6:30am. He keeps whining..."it's too dark...I still have more time."

I had a very successful trip to the thrift store yesterday...which always puts me in a good mood. I spent $20 whole dollars on nothing but books. At 25 cents a piece...that's a lot of books! They were mostly books on my kids accelerated reader lists...and a few new winnie the pooh and Golden books to hold aside for the next baby shower I am invited to. Today I will bring the FOUR BAGS of books in from the car and enter them in my computer inventory before shelving them. What? Doesn't everyone have a spreadsheet of all the books in their house by title, author and genre? I know...it's sad huh?
Before I head off to Starbucks for a hot cafe latte (mmmmm) I want to show some pictures from yesterdays practice. I took a couple of Ben, Kristian and Kai playing...and 40 of baby Maya (8 weeks) sitting on the sidelines.
Enjoy!


The last picture is of Shorty the dog. After taking the kids to school yesterday....I came in the living room and here's what I found. Him on the couch (which is prohibited) flipping through the channels. I had to take a picture...cause it looked just like he was actually watching tv. Watching Dirty Jobs on the discovery channel if you want to know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The clocks change on the first Sunday in November this year. I think that's the fourth.

I love that picture of Shorty! I'm surprised he wasn't watching something on Animal Planet. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I think all of the pictures are great, but the one of Shorty was really funny. He's so smart...almost as smart as KiKi.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Don't you just love those eyes on Maya?! The one of Shorty is too funny! The cats are too lazy to change the channel. I love it that you have a book inventory ... it makes perfect sense to me. Do you ever get rid of any of your books?

Gidget said...

I have given a few of my books as gifts...but that has only been twice (and I had duplicates of the book).
Other than that...I don't get rid of them.
I also have rules for most of the books about taking them out of the house. I had to do this when Nick was taking my $25 copies to school and loaning them to friends...and then not getting them back.
Also...no folding pages allowed. We have an entire drawer full of bookmarks :0)

Anonymous said...

The soccer photos were good, but Shorty's takes the cake!