Friday, September 21, 2007

I have 35 men...and I'm on level 5!

by teresa

There was a cricket in our bedroom last night. It started chirping around midnight....and continued for hours.
I was awake anyway. Haven't been sleeping too well the past week.
Bad dreams...everyone's dying...or lost. I lay there for hours...body tired(very tired)...but my mind wide awake and thinking about things that I shouldn't dwell on. After a couple of nights like this I found an outlet. No...not reading. For some reason I have had no desire to pick up a book since last Tuesday(except for reading with the boys).
It's Ben's Nintendo DS. That's right...Nintendo...the healer of the mind. Actually, it pretty much numbs the mind.
I'm sure you will agree. When our kids play nintendo or Wii or Playstation or XBox...they are in another world. Zoned out...gone. I need that sometimes.
So Chris and I crawl into bed...talk...*ahem*...and when I hear him snoring...I whip out my friend...the DS. I lay there and play (Super Mario or BrainAge)until I can't keep my eyes open. I turn the volume all the way down...so it doesn't bother him. The other night he rolled over and saw the green glow through the covers. He was like "you have GOT to be kidding me...weirdo!" He also said "I am going to put it on the blog!" So I thought I would beat him to the punch and tell you myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I know ... blogger trade secret.Love the sound effect. How did you do that?

Anonymous said...

The sound effects for this blog is great! Maybe you should talk a little more so that you will really get tired.

Sterling Dawn said...

YES...i love nintendo! it does numb the mind, but it's a good numbing.

i used to play tetris every night before i went to sleep and once got to like 240 lines. WHOA. let's just say i was seeing blocks falling whenever i closed my eyes for the next few days. insanity!

Zephra said...

I play hours and hours of late night mindless solitaire when I can't sleep. Never thought of the DS. I might have to whip it out next time.

Watkins said...

Glad we got to talk today. I know how hard it is. Thanks for mentioning me and my family a few days ago. I haven't read the blog for about a week now. Can't believe time keeps going on.