Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I need to put some citronella candles in my bedroom

by teresa

I woke up with bites all over my body....and Chris didn't even sleep in our bed...so I can't blame them on him.
Mosquito's!
Hate 'em!
One must have been in the covers...dining on my feet, elbow and shoulder all night.
I woke up itchy...and I've been itchy ever since.
Good grief...as I was typing this I realized I have one on my eyebrow too!
The cold needs to come and kill those little bloodsuckers!

And...no...Chris was not banned from the bed on punishment. He came in to bed and found me, Ben and Shorty the dog asleep(we fell asleep reading)...with no room for him. Usually he will move the son and the dog to their own beds and climb in next to me. But every now and then he likes to treat himself with some late night (actually it's all night) radio time...which I prohibit in our room. So that is how I found him this morning. Snuggled in Ben's bed....with the boys stereo on some boring talk radio show.

So far today is a complete turn around from yesterday mornings clash of personalities, anxieties and attitudes.
Everyone is at school and work and I am heading to the Y (and many other errands) as soon as I post this.
Tonight I have a PTA dinner, meeting and open house. So Chris and the boys are on their own for dinner and soccer practice. If I was nice I would throw something in the crock pot before I leave....but I'm not...so I bet the menfolk will end up at Jason's Deli tonight (which has quickly become a bi-weekly thing around here).
I can't believe six years has passed. Can you?
You never know when your time here on Earth is going to be over. Make God first in your life. Talk with him each morning. Be kind to all people (even your kids...when they are being brats). Forgive. Be a light to all(this little light of mine...I'm going to let it shine). Remember praise...don't pout. Give more than you get. Be thankful. Make a difference.
This is the day that the Lord has made....let us REJOICE and be glad in it!

2 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

i love love LOVE jason's deli. it's fabulous and the free ice cream is AMAZING!

i love that arrangement of 'this little light of mine'....it's soulful! :)

Zephra said...

amen