Monday, September 24, 2007

ouch...still hurts

by teresa

Monday.
My catch up day.
Get the house clean again and the hampers empty.
Over the weekend every other member of the Green household picks something up (book, magazine, toy cars, paper and crayons, lotion, bandaid box, etc.) and doesn't put in back where it goes.
So I spend most of Monday morning putting stuff back where it goes.
We have a very busy week ahead of us.
Soccer practices(5 ), MOPS meeting, See you at the Pole, Volunteer at Ben's school, George's (FIL) bday, Good News Bible Club(we had 55 kids come out last Friday), Nick and some other kids have a meeting with his principal tomorrow to start a bible club at his school, my birthday(Sat.) and Saturday is opening day (soccer)for Nick, Ben & Kristian and Kai's teams. I know...I know...we need to copy all the schedules for the grandparents (George&Jackie, Eric&Mary, my beautiful momma) and some folks from church (Scott) who want to come watch the kids play. Also, Chris is out of town somewhere in there.
I am on top of it all this year. Game one isn't until Saturday...and I have already dropped off the team shirts to get the kids names put on them, scheduled team pictures, ordered the trophies, typed up snack schedules, booked the parties and started the slide show presentation.
Things around here are getting a little more normal. You know AD.
Still cry sometimes...but mostly I just forget. Forget he is gone. I look out the window a couple of times a day...see his truck and think...I need to run over and see dad. I saw a preview for a movie yesterday and thought...dad will watch that with me. Lauren called last night and said her car wouldn't start....my first thought was to call dad and ask what he thought could be wrong. I miss him so much. Nick and Chris were in HIS garage Saturday. Organizing and cleaning for hours. Chris laughed at all my dad's "stuff". Fifty five years of gadgets, tools, trinkets, chords, rolls of tape, spray bottles, old paint, cans of WD-40, etc. Lots of which my hubby has no idea what it is...much less what it's used for. And so many nails. What in the world did he need 1,000,000 nails for? Bags so full Chris couldn't even drag them across the floor. They will continue to tackle the garage project for many, many weekends. I will continue to tackle my broken heart problem forever.
workbench & tools. 
fotosearch - search 
stock photos, 
pictures, images, 
and photo clipart
"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go...and duct tape to make things stop."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, Teresa. Sometimes I think if I don't think about it, it won't be true. Life goes on, but it will never be the same without him.

Zephra said...

You can only forget for a little while. it is funny the things that bring it back to you...

Anonymous said...

Allow yourself to grieve. In time God and the good memories will heal the pain. It will never go away completely, but, it will be more tolerable. We're praying for all of you.
We miss Jimmy too.