Friday, September 14, 2007

*sigh*

by teresa

I don't think I can cry anymore...and yet...I do.
We do.
We all just shake our head in shock...hold each other...and weep.
The variety of people (and let me just say there were hundreds of people at his viewing) was astonishing.
Old, young...rich,poor...bikers,minivanners...exfelons, preachers...childhood playmates,family(sooooo much family).
All there....crying.
Talking.
Laughing and remembering...Jimmy.
He was a nut...let me tell ya.
The stories and adventures....Mark Twain kinda stuff.
He would have been so proud at the large group together in his honor.
"Well I'll be!" he would say. "My sisters are as pretty as a picture" "They are so lucky to look as good as me!" "And my brother Tim...look at his arms....I got nothing but bird arms and legs...and he looks like schwartzenegger!" "Have you met my wife?"....doesn't she have the prettiest legs you have ever seen? (the man raved about my momma's legs constantly!) "I don't know how I ever got her?"
"And would you look at Katy...doesn't she look just like my sister Joann...like a model?"..."she needs to stop all that boo hooing". "Doesn't Teresa Jean look just like her momma with those big brown eyes?" And Teresa Jean...would you go over and let KiKi out...I might be awhile." (he was always calling me from work to ask me to let the dog out for him if it was a nice day)
I remember one of his favorite songs for my mom when I was little was...Roses are red my love....violets are blue. Sugar is sweet my love...but not...as sweet as you by Bobby Vinton. He would sing it...and pretend dance around the livingroom.
The funeral today will be so beautiful...and so hard.
Pray for us to get threw this day.
And pray for all the unsaved who will be coming...to be touched and changed by the message of his life.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

May God bring your family a peace on this very difficult day.

Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

This is so hard for us, but our thanks go out to all of our friends and Jimmy's for helping us get through this.

Gidget said...

Yes...thanks for all the phone calls, emails and cards. It is so appreciated.
We love you all...and feel your prayers.
Teresa

Watkins said...

Teresa, I'm praying for you. My mom passed away early this morning and I thought of you and your dad. What a week! Love you, Mel