Thursday, November 15, 2007

by teresa

I love this song!
If you don't have your speakers on...turn 'em up.
If you are reading this after I change the song...it's Alicia Keys: No One.
I bought (downloaded from itunes) this cd for Chris for our Anniversary.
I also burned it for my sister...and she says she has had it blaring through her house ever since.

Tonight I am heading to Nick's school for a book fair (you know that makes me happy). Hopefully Chris will be home from Baltimore before we leave so he can watch Ben. I don't feel like chasing him through the halls.

I can't believe Turkey day is one week from today. I need to get cleaning, planning, shopping and preparing. I think I'll ask Kitty (church secretary) if we can borrow a couple of tables and chairs from church like we have the past few years. It makes it so much nicer when we can all sit and eat together...instead of spread out in different rooms at tables and tv trays. If Katy doesn't stop having kids we are going to have to buy a bigger house just to accommodate her growing family.
I will go onto Crayola.com and print out things for the kids to color and decorate the table and house.

Yesterday at MOPS they asked as the divide and sit at each table according to what we liked more. Turkey, stuffing, the company or desserts. I chose the stuffing table. I really , really love stuffing...with gravy. Oh man...that's good stuff. And not gross stuffing with fruit or oysters in it.
Where are you spending Thanksgiving?
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm spending Thanksgiving at your house. I really can't choose just one thing as my favorite. I love your corn casserole and Jackie's Mac & Cheese. I love turkey and dressing with gravy and ham. I love collard or mustard greens. I love hot rolls with butter. I love paper plates so we don't have to do the dishes.

christincherie said...

I'm spending Thanksgiving with the in-laws. My favorite dish is my mom's sweet potatoe casserole. It's so good, it's like a dessert. Mmmmmm. I like dishes like that! I agree with the paper plate thing. No one should have to wash dishes after eating such a big meal. We need our rest.

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa! We're going to FL to be with Beth's family this year. The biggest event is the 5th Annual "Turkey Egg Hunt" (a huge deal in Beth's sister's family). My favorite Thanksgiving food: ***PIES***

Watkins said...

Jamie and I have a quiet Thanksgiving at home while James works. We watched the parade on TV. Last year, we put up the tree and it kept us busy. Saturday Jamie and I go to Founder's Inn and watch all the free stuff - puppet shows, singing, stories, face painting.

We are thinking about eating on Sunday this year. Jamie and I love yeast rolls and pies! James loves food! haha Mel

Sterling Dawn said...

for the first time in my whole life, my mother won't be with us on thanksgiving. so me, dad and cohen are having a pajama/pizza party. we'll sleep, watch football and make some nice frozen pizzas...it'll be GLORIOUS!

and YES...paper plates are a MUST!

Anonymous said...

Teresa, it will be fine for you to borrow a couple of tables! I love Thanksgiving, especially when the COWBOYS WIN! If we have Thanksgiving at Duane's mom, we usually have the fine china! I love it all - but my favorite is pecan pie! I only make it at Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Kitty