Sunday, November 18, 2007

brrrrr...it's so cold here. I love it!

by teresa

Nick made the nicest fire in the backyard (fire pit) last night. It was in the low 40's...so you had to keep close to keep warm. Mom came over and we all roasted marshmallows and laughed at how close Shorty's tail kept getting to the flames. But we couldn't keep him away...he's a mallow thief. Hot or not...he'll snatch it right off the end of your stick if your not careful.


**********************************************
I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup yesterday. I got the recipe off food network and it turned out so yummy. I also bought a bunch of deli meat and sandwich buns and those kettle chips. We will be comfort fooding it for the next couple of days.

I was expecting company...that's why all the food. I also cleaned the entire house. And I do mean e n t i r e house. You know how it is....when you have company coming over you clean a little more thorough than you usually do. Cause...what if they want a tour? What if they need to use the upstairs bathroom and they look in the linen closet? What if they stumble, fall and happen to look under the children's beds? What if they mistakenly turn left instead of right and end up in the coat closet?
You gotta be prepared...right? Or am I the only one who thinks this way?

I did all that yesterday with a messed up tummy. Really messed up. From Friday night (with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese when a slice of their greasy pizza poisoned me) to last night. I trudged on though. I even left the house and went grocery shopping. Of course I was parting the crowds (like Moses and the Red Sea) with my Chuck E. Cheese "fumes"....but I got the job done!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The soup was delicious. I'm kind of glad your company didn't come.
Sorry about your tummyache. Hope it's better now. I enjoyed being with you at Chucky Cheese.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Looks like so much fun! I love your picture collages. Hope your tummy is feeling better.