Monday, December 31, 2007

by teresa

Five minutes to midnight...and I'm the only one awake.
We had a nice, quiet night at home. Katy and her kids...Jackie and George all came over for hot dogs (Nick grilled it up for us) , chips and roasted marshmallows. I also made some yummy sherbet punch. Everyone left a little before nine and we all got into our jammies. I was tired and ready to crawl into bed by ten...but decided to enjoy some alone time and relax on the couch with Dick Clark...and one ....or four glasses of punch.
Tomorrow is a start to another year for the Green's.
Will it be touched with heartache like last year...maybe.
But that's just life...right?
We will get through all that life brings us with God's strength and the love of our family.
And we will go on like we always do....with a smile on our face and joy in our hearts.
The clock just struck midnight...and it sounds like a fireworks factory lite afire outside (crazy rednecks).
Happy New Year to you and your family...from all of us here at the Green Family Circus!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAP-py New Year! Isn't it interesting that watching the ball drop is still referred to as watching Dick Clark, even though he's not even on it anymore? I did the same thing tonight. Curious.

Best wishes in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. Thanks for letting us invite ourselves to the party. We love you guys! Don't forget to check out the Harry Potter rumor.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Happy New Year, Teresa!

Karen said...

I hope you have a happy and healthy New Year! My preschooler has reached his party limit and has been screaming since the clock struck midnight, I swear... Have any leftover punch you can share?! (((HUGS)))

Watkins said...

Happy New Year Teresa! Yes, we will have joys and heartaches again this year, but we will pray each other through it. Love you lots! Melanie

Anonymous said...

I didn't make it to midnight and wasn't really in the partying mood, but I did enjoy the chocolate brownie cake that George and Jackie brought to the party. I hope everyone has a Happy and Blessed 2008.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you girl

You are never far from my thoughts.

*hugs*

Zephra said...

I hope this is a great years for you all.

Lainey-Paney said...

Happy New Year!!!

I LOVE SHERBET PUNCH!
I went to a bar...and drank orange juice all night.
Yes, just orange juice. Sherbet punch would have been so much better.