Tuesday, December 04, 2007

by teresa

I am so tired.
Up late last night watching my Little People Big World and John & Kate Plus 8. I had to record them earlier in the evening...because the boys were monopolizing the tv (they wouldn't go in the other room...cause apparently The Year Without Santa can't be viewed on anything less than a 50" screen).
But I had PTA stuff to do...so I was on the computer all night.
So after watching 2 hours of TLC's reality tv I headed to bed.
It was almost midnight.
I finally dozed around 1:00am cause I kept being pulled from the first stages of sleep by our overly sensitive motion sensors in the hallway. They are either too sensitive...or the Ghost from Christmas Past was roaming the hall all night setting it off just to punish me for that horrid Christmas sweater I used to wear each year.
Then....bbbrrring bbrrring!
1:30am. Phone ringing.
What?!? Who??!
I answer....cause what if it's my hubby...and there's an emergency in The District of Atlantinamore ( at 1:30am I couldn't remember if he was in DC, Atlanta, NC or MD!)

Me: "HELLO!"
Some dude: "Tisha....Marleen is waiting for you at the bus station girl!"
Me: "Who?"
Some dude: "I knew you were gonna forget her!" "You need to pick her up now!" "I'm with Moesha and my car is dead...so you have to go by yourself!"
Me: ???
Some dude: ???
Me: You have the W R O N G N U M B E R M I S T E R!
Some dude: *click*

No excuse me for waking you up at the wee hours of the morning....no sorry....just *click*.

I could not go back to sleep.

So me, Shorty the dog and the GFCP came down and had a party (bowl of Captain Crunch) till 3:00am. Cause it ain't a party...till the Captain arrives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The District of Atlantinamore. That's good.

Sorry you couldn't sleep - and you needed a good night's sleep with the busy schedule you'll have this week.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Calls in the middle of the night always panic me because they're either a wrong number or bad news.

At least the Captain was there! Ahoy!

Melissa (Fold My Laundry Please)

Anonymous said...

I hope that dude that called you gets woke up at 6:00 AM! That really freaks you out when the phone rings at that hour, especially when hubby is in he District of Atlantinamore ... that's too funny. Hope you get some well deserved rest tonight.

Sterling Dawn said...

you've been watching entirely too many of those 'hollyorkazonasouthameriland' commercials by cingular or whoever does them. haha...i love it!