Sunday, December 30, 2007

How to tell that it's time to take down the Christmas tree....


___________________________________________________
When you come out of the bathroom and find the tree sprawled across the living room floor. Ornaments scattered...and the star cracked and bent a foot away.
Notice the vent cover duct taped to the tree stand. This is my handy work. It was leaning forward when I put it up. So I crawled under and taped it to the vent underneath. Don't laugh...it worked. For thirty days it worked. I love how the fall pulled the vent right out of the floor. That duct tape is strong stuff!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It would be really great if there were decorations that took themselves down and put themselves away. Your tree tried, but needed some help from someone else. And I guess that someone was you, wasn't it?????

Anonymous said...

hahaha

That is so funny!

Anonymous said...

Our tree is coming down today, but not like that!

christincherie said...

Just some advice.....
ALWAYS secure the tree to the wall or ceiling. It has been fail-proof for me for the past three years. Fishing wire is great 'cause you can't even see it and it's strong. Also beating...ummm I mean verbally thrashing your animals/kids when they come near it works pretty well too ;o)

Sterling Dawn said...

it's a REALLY good thing it didn't hit your tv!!! ahhh!!!