Monday, December 17, 2007

Sorry for the long post....but it's been a busy weekend.

by teresa

We had a full...but happy weekend.
I'll give a quick re-cap.
Friday nights pajama party went good.
We all ate too many hot dogs and waaay too much popcorn.
The place was jam packed with kids and parents.
And judging by the laughs, hugs and thank you's I think a great time was had by all.


**************************************************
Saturday started with an early morning choir practice for Ben and then we headed over to LetsDish for their Christmas party. Ben had fun with the inflatables and free toys. He also enjoyed some hot apple cider, more popcorn and cotton candy. Nothing like starting your morning with a hefty portion of cotton candy (I'm such a cool mom).
*************************************************
I dropped Ben off with Chris (Jackie and George picked him up later to help wrap presents at their house) and then Nick, mom and I went to church for the Bless a Child Christmas party.

*************************************************
72 kids...and twice that many caregivers came and enjoyed the best food and entertainment around. We didn't have fru-fru Christmas music either. We know what the kids like! The church hired a Christian rap group called 12 strings to perform. It was amazing!!! I was upfront (everyone stood, jumped around, waved their hands and screamed the whole time) and one of the guys came over and started dancing with me. Thank God Lauren wasn't there or she would have died of embarrassment right on the spot. All the kids were thrilled and enjoyed it very much. Present time was emotional. Lots of squeals, smiles and tears (and that was just from me :). I am so honored to have been a part of something so wonderful.

**************************************************
After the church party we came home...rested for about an hour and then headed across the street to Chuck and Geri's for the neighborhood cookie exchange. Oh my gosh! It was super! My oreo balls were so good...and sooooo sweet. Wow! A chocoholics dream. We sang carols...pigged out and got to take home some of everyones cookies.

Yesterday was church...and the cantata. It was beautiful and Ben did such a good job singing. He loves to be in front of a crowd and sang loud enough for me to pick out his voice. After church we all headed over to Primo's for some yummy Italian food and then home. Chris, Nick and Lauren went to the ODU game. Lauren went with friends...and we saw her on tv in the student section whooping it up. And after Ben and I finished his history project he went with Jackie and George to their churches Christmas party...and I actually had a few minutes to myself.

*************************************************
Today I am meeting mom at The Daddy's to paint his bedroom (as a surprise). I can't wait till he gets home this afternoon and finds it all done.


4 comments:

Zephra said...

Looks like you had a busy but fun time.

Anonymous said...

I had a busy weekend, too (half of the things you did I did with you). Thanks so much for helping with the painting. It went so much faster and was much more fun with you there. I know Daddy will appreciate it.

Musings of a Housewife said...

FUN!! Merry Christmas, Teresa!

Anonymous said...

Noticed you mentioned a group called 12 strings. I've never heard of them before. If you're interested in more faith based hip-hop, check out Sphere of Hip-Hop. God bless!

Sphere of Hip-Hop