Saturday, January 05, 2008

by teresa

Basketball practices began last night.
Games start next week.
It will be nice to have something to do on Saturdays...besides cleaning.

We have a busy weekend planned.
My uncle and his family are coming to visit this weekend for a belated Christmas celebration.
Cousin Kai's birthday party is this afternoon at the bowling alley. The kids have really been looking forward to it.
Tonight is an ODU game.
Tomorrow after church Ben's friend from school is having a birthday party. And that one is at the same bowling alley as Kai's.

Winter has finally arrived here.
As much as I love the chilly temperatures it has it aggravations.
I have static in my hair constantly.
No matter how much lotion I use my hands are starting to crack.
I have to cut the heat on at night so I don't freeze the children to their sheets.
My nose bleeds whenever I turn on the heat.
My lips are chapped so bad it looks like I have had lip liner tattooed on permanently.
My big, beautiful tree in the backyard is completely bare....unblocking our view of the neighbors house behind us. Now we have to wait till spring to streak through the yard again.

6 comments:

christincherie said...

Burts Bees lip balm for the lips works wonders. I also suffer from dry skin and when it gets really bad Curel ultra healing lotion works pretty well. Sorry, don't know what to tell ya about the nosebleeds. One of my friends told me once that she had to get her blood vessels cauterized (sp?) in her nose every so often. Anyway, have a nice busy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Teresa had her nose cauterized when she was little. It helped alittle but never stopped the nosebleeds completely. Ben & Kai also have nosebleeds.

Anonymous said...

I have nosebleeds constantly when the weather changes! I thought I was the only 1.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Try a humidifiers for the nosebleeds.
Burts Bees makes body lotion, hand and foot lotions too. Good stuff.

Sterling Dawn said...

those silly trees and their streak-preventing leaf falling habits!!! i hate when that happens.

yes...burts bees. i'm addicted. you should be too. come on, teresa, everyone's doing it!

Sterling Dawn said...

ps...you get a lot of hits everyday. good job!