Wednesday, January 23, 2008

by teresa














































**********************************************
I have been dreaming of my dad alot lately.
Nothing weird....just him out front washing his truck when I came home. And last night I dreamed he called me to pick him up because his car broke down. Ben had a really neat dream about him last weekend. In his dream we knew he was coming home and we all decorated the front yard with his favorite Christmas decorations (even though it was the middle of summer in his dream). Ben said he was so happy when he arrived and saw we had taken such good care of his things.
I still feel raw about it. But just half of the time. The other half I'm numb. No in between yet. Either crying...or blocking it out. I know time will bring me peace. But for now...I really, really, really, really, really miss him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same, Teresa. It feels like a big part of me has been ripped away. I think about him pretty much all day every day. I have had four really good dreams about him and every night when I go to bed I hope I'll have another. I didn't know I could miss someone so much. I'm so glad he didn't have to miss me the way that I miss him. It would make me feel bad to know he would have to feel such a loss. I long to see him again and am glad that one day I will.

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Sending hugs your way across the internet.

Lisa said...

I am still keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I still look for his truck everytime I pull in front of the church. I am still amazed at how much I miss a man that I knew for such a short time.
Kitty

Anonymous said...

I still reallly miss him too. I pray for you guys all the time. It really is a comfort to know we'll see him again someday.