Friday, January 18, 2008

It's that time of year again....

by teresa

READ-A-THON kicked off yesterday at Ben's school.
This is the third year Ben has participated.
His first try...he came in second place.
This year....he says he wants to get to 2,000 minutes.
I think that's pretty much impossible....but he is determined.
"No tv or playing outside", he says.
Just reading!

Once again I turn to you...my readers to pledge your support (gimme money) and sponsor Ben's reading time. Seeing as he racks up the minutes like crazy I would advise you to pledge a flat rate ($1, $5, etc) instead of a per minute thing. Or you just might have to take out a loan to pay up at the end. And you know who I'm talking to. Grandparents, out of town family, church family and friends.

At the kickoff assembly yesterday, Ben was called up and recognized as king of reading for his accomplishment last year. All the kids cheered...and when asked if they thought they could "dethrone" him they all screamed...YESSSS!!!!!!
We shall see....we shall see.

7 comments:

Sterling Dawn said...

i will definitely pledge a gigantic donation of $20 to ben's read-a-thon! i love reading! why not pay for it!?!

:)

Gidget said...

Yipee for Sterling! The biggest Harry Potter fan on Earth!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll pledge $15 since I have three grandkids who will be participating in the read-a-thon.

Sterling Dawn said...

when is it due?? just let know!

Gidget said...

The money isn't due for two weeks.

Thanks everyone!

Sterling Dawn said...

awesome! i'll either mail it to ya or drop it by church or something.

i also wanted to correct my previous comment "just let know"...i'm not that illiterate. just let US know! haha.

Watkins said...

Teresa, Count on me for at least a $10 pledge. Me and my AR star love reading! Melanie