Wednesday, February 13, 2008

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

by teresa

I found a pack of gum in the dryer with all our jeans.
It had been washed and dried but stayed sealed in...protecting the pants from ruin.
Thank you Jesus!

I just realized I have not taken Ben to pick out valentines for his class party on Thursday. I can not forget to do this tomorrow! Remind me please. I saw some cute ones in the lifeway flyer in the paper this past weekend. They even came with candy (I think). I hope they still have them. I bet Ben gets at least 10 High School Musical valentines from kids in his class. They are all ga-ga for it.

Chris ran up the street to 7-11 tonight and surprised me with a Slurpi-chino. I don't know if that's spelled right...but it was awesome. It tasted like a frappachino from starbucks (kinda). But way less pricey. He also brought me a twinkie. That man knows the way to my heart. With creme filling.
Except we don't call them twinkies in this house. We call them tinky-whinkys. Ben referred to them as that when he was a toddler....and the name just stuck. Other dorky toddler words we still use everyday (eventhough our kids are waaay past toddler age...and even when it's just me and Chris with no kids around) are:

Be nicey....instead of....stop picking on your brother or I'll throw my shoe at you!

Naka...instead of ....thank you. Katy used to say naka as a toddler and we just keep it going all these years later.

Peeps...instead of ...go to the bathroom. As in,"did you go peeps in the potty?"

Bottles...instead of boobies. Mom breastfed Katy and this reference just stuck.

Shoot the bunny (or bunny)...instead of....fart.

What are some of the funny words you use with your kids?

5 comments:

Beth said...

You forgot 'Boops'! I almost forgot the real word--snap like on little kids pants.

Anonymous said...

Back to the words later ... I'm headed to 7-11 for that frapachino thing. They had something like that a few years ago, but, quit selling them. I forget what they were called, but, they were addicting!
MIL

Sterling Dawn said...

cohen used to say "numinees" for things to eat. i guess he was thinking "yummy" or something along those lines. mom and i still use it.

also...as far as calling our dad something funny: we have called him "papa johns" forever. don't know why. his name isn't john and he doesn't make pizza....

Anonymous said...

Chris called those big animals "hippynapotamus". He had a dream about one when he was about three. They're still called hippynapotamus at our house.
Chris' Mom

Anonymous said...

Beth, Boops make me think of my Moma.

Here are a couple:
IDOWE - means I love you

IDOWETOOWE - means I love you, too.