Thursday, February 21, 2008

by teresa

I think I sweat off more pounds on the rides to and from the YMCA than anything I do in the gym.
My grandfather has to have the heat blasting in the car....and I swear it singes my eyelashes off.
As soon as he gets out of the car I switch over to the a/c full blast and lift up my shirt to get the cold air's relief into my lady parts.
Okay...so I don't really lift my shirt. But I've thought about it a couple of times. Just to keep the sweat from pooling in the front of my Target sports bra (which has about as much support as a bandaid...and gives me a major uni-boob).
I need to buy one of those cars with the dual zone climate control so we can both be comfortable.
This morning we enjoyed our car ride listening to oldtime radio. There was an old NBC radio show on . The featured guests were " The jitter buggers". They were talking so silly ...saying stuff like, "That music is on the cob(meany corny)." "I'm hep to that alligator!"
Grandaddy was chuckling when I asked him teasingly if he ever talked that crazy?
"Of course I did." "I was a real hep cat back then", he said.

Then we enjoyed Benny Goodman playing Danny Boy with his orchestra. And I amazed The Daddy by knowing all the words.
I guess I'm a real hep cat too.

4 comments:

Zephra said...

I love Benny. He rocks.

Anonymous said...

I know how much of your time you sacrifice each week taking Daddy to the YMCA, but the things you are learning about him from the conversations you probably would otherwise never had are priceless. John, Jim and I really appreciate your help.

It's funny to think about Daddy being a hep cat. And it's really neat thinking about him and Momma riding on his motorcycle when they were very young.

Anonymous said...

Karen is right ... it is really special to chat with the seniors. They have so much to share. Kudos to you, Teresa! I'm sure Granddaddy really appreciates and enjoys hanging out with one of his girls.

mamahokie said...

You are a good and patient grandaughter! Betcha didn't know MOPS moms would check out your blog! Love ya and see you next week! ~~Valerie