Tuesday, February 12, 2008

by teresa

It's so quiet in the house right now.
All are asleep but me .
Even Shorty is curled up under the desk at my feet.
I am very tired...but I also enjoy the solitude.
So here I sit...drawing it out a little longer...before I succumb to my drowsiness and climb in beside the hubby.
I'll try to slide in undetected so he won't be awakened.
His flight to Atlanta leaves so early and he needs every minute of sleep he can get to plow through another long workday.
He was up in DC today...and back by dinner.
That's a good man right there.
Tomorrow the same except in the opposite direction on the map.
I think he actually enjoyed his drive to Washington today because he had his new "lady friend" with him in the car.
Her name is Mandy.
She has a lovely voice...and doesn't monopolize the conversation.
She's a good listener...and only adds her two cents when Chris asks for it.
She is the voice of his new toy.




**********************************************
She's alright...but can she cook tatertot casserole?
I think not!
I was gonna say something about how he'd always choose me over her because he loves my tt's (tatertots) but I thought you might turn that into something dirty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww ... who among us virtuous readers would make somthing dirty of what you would blog??

Anonymous said...

I've heard so much about that tatertot casserole that I'll have to try it next time you make it.