Saturday, February 02, 2008

by teresa


We had a great time last night at the school movie night.
Ben and Kristian went (Kai slept over his mee maw's house).
It was a big pajama party at the school to end the readathon.
All the popcorn you could eat...and they watched one of those Air Buddies movies.


After we got home I was feeling very generous...so I invited Kaden (the two year old terror) to spend the night at our house. This was her first time spending the night. When Chris called and I informed him she was sleeping over he was like, "You're kidding...right?" When I reassured him that I wasn't kidding he was like, "How did they happen?" He actually sounded a little scared.


But the night turned out to be perfect. We all (Nick, Chris, Lauren, Kaden and me...Ben was swapped out for Kaden) snuggled and noshed on the couch till late at night watching Noggin. Little Bear, Franklin and Miss Spider....just like when my kids were little. Little Bear was Nick and Ben's favorite! Lauren was partial to anything Disney. Then I took her upstairs and we read in our bed for a few minutes until Chris came up and then we sandwiched her in and she went to sleep pretty quickly. But only after a few minutes of hopping on Chris' belly like a rodeo horse....and a few minutes of me having to rub her back. She woke only twice...and only for a minute to ask me to find the tag on her blankie (which she rubs on her face for comfort).

It was nice having her over...and it went so well that I'm sure Chris will welcome it anytime I need another baby fix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaden is never a terror when she is the center of attention. I'm sure she enjoyed being with you.

Anonymous said...

I really appreciated the peaceful night. Thank you so much!!!!