Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Plane Irritating

By Chris

Well, it's 7:00 and I was on a 6 am flight. Obviously something's wrong, since I'm sitting back at the gate. When we got on the plane, there was a real strong burning smell. But, we taxied out anyway. Then, we turned around. Apparently. Some part of the plane was overheating. And, since we taxied out anyway, there was apparently some inclination to just just go with it. I'm glad we didn't. Cars breakdown when they overheat, and you pull over. But a plane. Yikes. Now, I'm observing the freakout by the passengers. It doesn't work, I want to tell them. Yelling at airline gate agents is something I see often ... But , its fruitless. I'm not sure what they think the poor man and woman can do (there's nothing they can do ... This flight will be cancelled. The next one will only have a few seats. The math does not work. I do feel bad for the lady beside me, who was taking her 4 month old to meet grandma for the fitst time. The connection for her will likely be missed. I think I may just skip the trip, but I'll wait to see if my mile status gets me one of the few seats on the next one ...then I'll give it to her.

Hold on . . . Progress. Maybe. Back on a plane. ?????????????????????????????????

3 comments:

Zephra said...

You are so very sweet.

Anonymous said...

I knew you were going to say that you would give her your seat. You are so awesome! You must have gotten it from George.

Anonymous said...

You're always thinking of others. What a blessing you are.