Sunday, March 16, 2008

By Chris

Really? Hanson? Oh my wifee. Too bad I don't know how to change the music in here.

Last night, we managed to get rid of both boys . . . to different grandparents. With the found alone time, Teresa wanted to ........ Go to church and play Easter Bunny. I mean, there's all kinds of ways to go with that theme that sound fun enough. But, kids cleared out on my birthday eve night and all we managed to do was . . . box and bag bon-bon's and eggs. Oh, and fold laundry ... at church. I discovered that with the washing maching broken at home half of the week, Teresa had been taking the clothes to the church washer and dryer. (there was no time for Easter Bunny to stay home and meet the repair man, and asking me to fix a washing machine would be about equal to asking me to give you a lift to the moon). So, my dirty laundry was literally aired out in front of all the ladies. I hear they had some great fun with a pair of my underwear! At church! Oh my.

We did have a family get-together at sister-in-law's in the afternoon. Teresa was quick to inform me that THAT was my birthday party (and her mom's) ... and present. That and the fact that I was allowed to watch two straight days of basketball with minimal interruptions. Lauren came and got money from me this morning for lunch. When I pointed out that it was my birthday, she said "Today is your birthday?" . . . then left. With my money. Reliably, my mom and mom-in-law made nice birthday gestures with much appreaciated edible and spendable gifts and well wishes.

Dog update: When we returned home last night, everybody was on red alert. Ki Ki (mom-in-law's dog) was missing. And, it was stormy outside. With a houseful of grandkids at mom-in-laws, people were upset and a search party was out and about. Teresa was very upset too until . . . We walked in our house and there she was lying on our floor. ?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your carrot cake, Chris (I did). I know you're glad you have your wife back. She did a great job (no surprise) with the Easter egg project and keeping the house running, too.

I let KiKi stay outside today. I took her for a 1/2 hour walk this morning trying to wear her out so she would be too tired to run away. I hope it helps. Oh yeah...and, I hope you find your other tennis shoe.