Tuesday, April 15, 2008

By Chris

No energy or desire for details . . . but I am not circling for an early morning landing in Atlanta as planned. This is strange because . . . I almost NEVER get stuck leaving home. I very often get stuck coming home. It's quite possible the whole trip will be canceled now. Which would mean I would have gotten up at 3:30 a.m. and driven a good 65 miles to end up 7 miles away from home in my office.

In a strange twist, the delayed time was mostly spent in my car this time. Which meant I got to listen to the weird version of talk radio that comes on in the late night \ early morning. One station offers never-ending stories of conspiracy theories and discussion on strange things like shape shifters, ghosts, aliens, ufo's etc. The people talking sound perfectly rational in all ways (they are usually articulate, have impressive titles, etc.) . . . except in what they are actually saying sometimes. Of course, this attracts some pretty interesting callers. Surprisingly, people who stay up all night and get no sleep are pretty likely to see and hear very strange things;))

Great quote heard this morning: "He's stuck on stupid" You all close to me will definitely be hearing that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Stuck on Stupid. That's a great one.
Those overnight talk radio shows are really weird. It's hard to believe there enough people that are into that stuff to keep the shows on the air for several hours a day seven days a week... very strange.

Anonymous said...

Too bad your day didn't go as planned. That reminded me of this Scripture. . .

"Many are the plans in a man's heart...

but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21)