Tuesday, April 22, 2008

by teresa

Fun day yesterday.
Those of us in charge of Easter Egg production at church this year, surprised the "older" lady volunteers with manicures and lunch.
They were shocked and a little apprehensive about getting their nails done.
None of them had ever had a manicure before.
I can't say much, as I had never done it before either.
We had a blast!
I figured they would go for clear, or light pink polish (which are quiet, little old lady colors).
But I forgot we were not dealing with quiet little old ladies.
They chose vamp red and fuschia.
And the salon chatter wasn't about tea cozies and knitting.
I made them hush when their discussion on waxing and dyeing (where? you don't want to know) was getting a bit too loud for my liking.
They all voted to go for pedicures soon.
Count me in!















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww ... what an awesome thing to do!! This must have been your idea. I know they had a blast. You can tell by the pictures. You're right ... these are not quiet little old ladies! I SURE DO MISS THEM!!!! Would you please tell them if you think about it.

Anonymous said...

That must have been so much fun. They are a lively group of women. What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering ... whose word is vajayjay? Theirs or yours? Hahaha.