Friday, April 11, 2008

Was it my imagination or did the American Idol cast sing SHOUT TO THE LORD the other night? Awesome!!!

by teresa

I can't believe it is Friday already.
I will give the house a good cleaning and try to have all hampers empty by the time I have to pick up the kids for bible club. If I am feeling extra ambitious I may even clean the backyard a bit. But don't hold your breath on that one. I haven't done yard work (except for planting) since my son grew big enough to push the mower.

Last night we finally had a rain free soccer game. It has been ark weather around here for weeks. no fun.
The game was so intense (0 to 0) until the last minute of the fourth quarter when Ben scored a goal. It was awesome....and poor Dad missed it. He was on his way home from Atlanta, but got a play by play from an excited Ben once he got home.
We play again tomorrow and I am determined to take some good pictures of Ben and Kristian (who had two shots on goal that were sooo close). I take so many pictures of everyone elses kids (for the end of the season slide show) and I never get any good ones of my own family.

Tomorrow is also my favorite day of the month. Book club! The book this month didn't really do anything for me (it was a how to appreciate yourself the the nth degree self helpy book). It had some sweet ways of looking at things....but nothing about God in your life. If you do that thing you do with fortune cookies, (you read your fortune cookie and whatever it says you add: IN BED) except you read it and add WITH GOD to the end then it isn't so off.
I did read some other books that were recommended at the last book club meeting. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult was great. And I am almost done with The Penny by Joyce Meyer which is ok. I also read A Million Little Pieces by James Frey (intense and sooooo not good for the church book club) and Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf by Jennifer Holm.

Example of fortune cookie messages:

Your ability to juggle many tasks will take you far......IN BED

He who laughs last is laughing at you.....IN BED

You find beauty in ordinary things, do not lose this ability....IN BED

Make two grins grow where there was only a grouch before....IN BED

Something you lost will soon turn up....IN BED

Your heart is pure, and your mind clear, and your soul devout....IN BED

See...it works for any cookie message.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the game; I was in line with Ben and the goal. His shot was placed perfect over the head of the goalie and about a foot below the top bar. He was either very lucky or it showed a mature understanding of how the game is played; I believe it was the latter.

Anonymous said...

I have heard about the "million little pieces" and it was plagerized (sp) Not sure what part, but the authur had to return the majority of his royalties etc. See you saturday.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the this month's book. It's really hard to follow Same Kind of Different as Me. This month's book seemed to be "all about me" and Same Kind of Different as Me was just the opposite. I loved 19 Minutes and I thought The Penny was good. I'm almost finished with Redeeming Love and it is so awesome. I wish I could have seen Ben's winning goal. I'll be there today.