Monday, April 21, 2008

by teresa

It's Monday...again.
I know I may laugh (and cry) at this comment in two months, but, I wish school was out.
There. I said it.
I don't think I have ever said that before. I must be maturing (or going a bit deaf to the constant sibling bickering).

Speaking of deaf, my lesson yesterday was about Jesus healing the deaf/mute man.
I showed them (2yr old, 3yr old and two 4yr olds) how to sign for A (apple), B (banana) and C (cookies). It was pretty funny. If they wanted the snack they had to do the corresponding sign. Kaden just kept doing the C, for cookie. Only she would growl at me and do her hand like a claw. I would shake my head (as she had already had like 10 cookies) and sign for apple and banana. She stomped her foot at me, growled and threw up her claw hand.
That kid does not handle disappointment well.
She crawled under the table in a pout. She stole another child's cookies. She hid a little girls toy doggie (which took us 10 minutes to find when it was time to go). She cut the head off another child's paper Jesus. And last but not least, she had me in a full run after her when she snatched the toy from an object lesson we were doing. Is there anything more aggravating than having to chase your child (or niece) in front of other people?
Next week, I am keeping her knee deep in oreos and red koolaid.
I hope she wears a white dress. mwah ha ha ha.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having your object lesson sabotaged by your own flesh and blood is pretty bad. There is always ONE wild one ... guess it's going to be Kaden. Isn't it time you moved up to elementary kids church?

christincherie said...

When I was at Katy's house, Kaden took Eve's snack container into the pantry to try to figure out how to open it. I didn't even see her take it!! She's pretty good!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're talking about. Kaden is a perfect angel. I guess she must just act that way for you.