Thursday, April 03, 2008

The hardest two minutes of my day.....

by Teresa

Conversation with a six year old:

6yr old: hi
me: hi sweetie
6yr old: why is everybody crying?
me: because we miss your mommy so much. She was so special and everybody here loves her and your family so much.
6yr old: she's in heaven
my mom: my mommy is in heaven too
6yr old: really?
my mom: yeah, and i am going to see her again someday and you will see your mommy too.
6yr old: okay
my mom: and she will never leave you just cause she's in heaven. She is and angel and watching over you forever.
6yr old: okay
me: is that the card you made your mommy (a crayon drawn card is inside the coffin by Taryn's head from each of the three children. Hers has a picture of her and her mommy . It says "your the best mommy ever"
6yr old: yes, I made it. That's my mommy and that's me (pointing to card). But I made an even better card and I am going to put it on a balloon and send it to heaven for her.
me: she will love that
6yr old: touch her
me: ????
6yr old: touch her
me: *I stroke her cheek* and I physically feel my heart break. Seriously...it actually hurt to beat.
6yr old: isn't she cold? (she reaches over my hand to rub her mommy's hair)
me: yes. That's because she is not in there. That's just her house on earth and it's empty now. The real mommy (her soul) is in heaven with Jesus.
6yr old: yep. And because all her blood is gone.

And that was my cue to hug her ,walk away from the open casket and find a corner to cry in.

“Tears are words the heart can't express”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only God can comfort us when we are separated from someone we love so much. And I know He will. It just hurts so much.

Mollie Corbett Photography said...

I spoke with Donna H. last night and my sister, Sarah, just a few moments ago. My heart is broken for this loss and my greatest wish was to just be there with everyone in the moment. I was so glad to hear that you were there and that Sarah got a chance to talk with you. She told me about your blog, and I am delighted to have found it. Please tell your mom hello from me. I will look forward to checking in on your blog from time to time. Hope you and yours are well.

Warm thoughts,
Mollie Walton Corbett
Bossier City, LA

Zephra said...

Wow. Now I am crying...again.