Friday, July 11, 2008

Go ahead...make my day!

by teresa

My snuggle buddy is home from camp.
He had a great time and even made new friends.
I asked if he got a girlfriend...he said..."uhhh..no". "But, I did give this one girl my bracelet".
He also told me all the girls said he was the sweetest boy there.
That makes a momma proud.

He took a digital camera with him this week. Extra batteries and a memory card. He was excited to take lots of pictures and I was excited to see camp through his eyes.

Guess what?
No pictures. Not even one.
He said he forgot about the camera in his bag till the van ride home.
Dork.

One of his favorite activities was paintball. He took old jeans and a sweatshirt to wear for the activity (hoping to save his body from multiple bruises). He said his team won the tournament....only to be trounced by the camp counselors in a final game. He laughed about being shot in the back of the head by his own team mate who freaked out in battle.
Sounds like a blast.
I wonder if Chris and the rest of the family would like to book a paintball game time.
Talk about an ultimate family bonding session.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camp is such an awesome experience. You carry the memories with you forever. The young adults that went to camp back in the day when I used to do camp as a counselor still say it was one of their favorite life experiences (and we went to a really ... shall we say ... rustic campground). I'm so glad Nick gets to have this experience. Did you bury his clothes yet? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Nick had fun at camp. It's really good to have him home again, though. Paint ball sounds fun but I'm not sure I would like to play. It sounds like it hurts.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Sounds like he had too much fun to remember the camera!

A family paintball bonding session? That would be awesome!!