Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others.

by teresa

Just came in from the pool with Ben.
Yes, at 12:44am.
I went upstairs around 10:00pm and I'm sure the family thought I was going to bed. When I came down in my bathing suit and walked right out the back door (without saying a word) they were in shock. It took about 60 seconds for the boys to come bounding out the door after me.
The whole family (the 5 of us and mom) ended up going out and we sat around talking and enjoying the pleasant night weather.
Everyone else went in around midnight.
After that, Ben and I had a back flip, handstand and dead man float contest.
We have a pool light that makes it unscary to be swimming about that late.
But when I turned it off I would NOT get back in.
Why is that?
I was just in the same water.
From shallow to deep, all along the bottom.
But when I couldn't see the bottom it was just too scary.
I wish I had done it.
Ben would have been so impressed with his brave mommy.
The two of us just stood there, looking in like there was a shark in there waiting to chomp us.
Next time I'm leaping in.

*Panic at the thought of doing a thing is a challenge to do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a cool Mom!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you stayed out there THAT late. I didn't even hear you.
I'll bet if the mouse/rat decided to take a little dip, I would have heard you then!!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

What a great summer family bonding moment!