Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rollin' in the ATL

By Chris

I've had a bit of a summer break from traveling. Break over. Sitting in the Atlanta airport now getting ready to fly home. That 3:45 a.m. alarm is going to take some getting used to again. I've come to like Atlanta pretty well. I used to spend most of my time here well away from downtown. Lately, I'm mostly downtown. Shorter train rides. No need for cars. A bunch of good restaurants you can walk to. Stuff like that. Since my last trip, I got an i-Pod. I've been wearing it walking around in the city, on the train, in the airport. You can really get into your own little world with these things. I think I accidentally danced a couple of times. If you're not careful, a funky beat can get dropped and tempt you to pimp walk in public. I know I bopped my head on the train. I wonder if I looked cool? Probably not. I got some looks like , "Check that white boy in his suit head boppin'" With the music going and sunglasses on, you can actually feel pretty alone on a train with hundreds of people.

Finally, only in Atlanta:
Went to a pretty fancy restaurant last night. The kind with a big name chef (I didn't recognize it, but they assured me that he is top notch, famous . .. blah, blah, blah). There was a $110 group drink on the menu. Their most famous specialty: Beef ribs with homemade salt and vinegar chips!! I had bass and shrimp dumplings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful, you might accidently start doing your chicken dance. That would be a good thing, though. The world needs a good laugh.

Gidget said...

I did the same thing last week when I wore Ben's Ipod to the grocery store. You don't even realize there are other people around. You're just singing and dancing. I love it.

Gidget said...

Pimp walk? hmmmm I'd like to see that.
I agree with you mom, Chris soooo needs to bring back the chicken dance. I can tape it and put it on the blog. I bet I would get 1,000 hits!
Come on honey...would ya do it for your fans?

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Yeah Christ ... do the chicken dance for your biggest fan. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oopps ... typo. There needs to be a way to delete an entry.