Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.

by teresa

We got a new living room set this week and I got so excited at the arrival, I decided to move our old furniture out by myself.
Big mistake.
The love seat went out without too much of a fuss, but the couch gave me a fit.


@@@@###$$%%%%^^&&&***(##@@@
It was stuck like this for hours.
I went out (had to go out the front door and walk around) many times and tried the push...pull...push...pull maneuver to no avail.
Meanwhile our lovely Virginia flies were setting up condos in all the rooms of my house.
Grrrr...I hate flies in my house.
Ben, of all people, finally came to my rescue.
He had been sizing it up for awhile, walking front to back to check it from every vantage point.
He said, "mom, lift it here." Placing his hands on one corner of the bottom of the couch.
I hmmed and hawwed, knowing it was no use and he just needed to take his annoying nine yr old self away from adults work.
Then he lifted and it flipped to it's side.
We slide it out with little effort.
Oooookay.
As I was saying, my son the engineering genius, saved the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Don't it figure. Must be all the video games :)

Anonymous said...

That reminded me of the story about the tractor trailor truck that was stuck in a tunnel because it was too tall to pass through. Engineers were called in and spent hours trying to figure out how to get the truck through. Then a little child came up to them and said, "Hey mister. Why don't you just let the air out of the truck's tires?" Of course, that solved the problem.