Friday, August 08, 2008

Did anybody remember to bring some wipes?

by teresa

Last nights beach time was fun.
If diaper poop explosions, cheeto grabbing seagulls, tantrum throwing adolescents and sand in your teeth is fun....then it was definitely a good time.
Kaden let Nick take her way out where the waves were breaking high. She is such a daredevil, no fear at all. She also ran around trying to catch sand crabs. Ewwww! I can NOT stand those things. My grown self will run screaming (and knock anyone over in the process) when one gets anywhere near my feet.
Somebody brought frito-lay crack (cheese puffs) to snack on. When we all were in a greasy, cheesy, orange hand stained stupor the kids used the rest of the puffs to feed the seagulls. I know that's probably not good for them....but they sure loved it. Nick stood with his hand up, waving that puff trying to hand feed them. It almost worked a couple of times, the birds circling and dipping low. But then Kai or Kaden would run over and they would fly off in a panic. He did throw them up and the birds caught them in the air.
We stayed pretty late, until after dark. The boys and I even sat and listened to the "concert at the park" for a little while. Thursdays are my favorite days of the week!

1 comment:

kristi said...

Love the photos......I'm so jealous!