Monday, September 15, 2008

Tuck in your shirt and comb your hair

by teresa

What a jam packed weekend.
Our kids active lives had us out in the 100 plus degree (heat index) weather both days.
Saturday we had a 9:00am football game (Kristian cheered), noon was Kai's baseball game and 3:00pm was Ben's first soccer game. I have a sunburn on my face. A sunburn in the middle of September? Crazy Virginia weather. Saturday night was my monthly book club. The discussion was riveting and the fellowship was just what I needed to recharge my "mom wife woman batteries. I love love love the book club! Sunday, after church, Ben's soccer team was invited to be ball boys for the ODU soccer tournament finals. It was just as hot, but all us parents sat in the blazing stands melting and bursting seeing our babies out on the field with the big boys. It was too cool!
Last night was so relaxing. Chris, Lauren, Nick and I (Ben went to bed early after swimming tuckered him out) vegged on the couch watching football, noshing and laughing at pretty much everything. Do you ever have those times where everything seems funny to you? We were in a giggly mood I guess.
I will post pictures of the weekend later after I go do my duty at Ben's school as "the comb lady".
Today is school picture day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, I only had one hot day out in the sun, but I have a little sunburn on my face, too. I was so tired after Ben's game that I thought if I closed my eyes to blink, I may just fall asleep right where I sat or stood. Then, the Book Club just woke me right up. It was great, as usual. I can't wait until next month at Kim and Scott's house.