Thursday, October 30, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly

by teresa


Mommy's day out...

I went to the bank and picked the fastest line at the drive through.
It was awesome.

I almost assaulted a cashier at Old Navy.
(don't you hate it when they don't give you the discount marked? "The system rings it at $$$, so that's the price." Well what about the had written sign above the pants you moron??! I ended up being proved right by the manager and was offered them at the price I requested. The bratty, size 0, twenty something cashier wearing too much eye liner was embarrassed. Once the manager walked away, I handed them back to "little miss can't be wrong" and told her I would rather lick a homeless man's toes than buy these pants from her now. (or maybe I just gave her my condescending smile and said,"no thank you sweetie....I changed my mind".)

I watched a man being pulled over by the police, drive up into a Wendy's drive in, like he was going to be allowed to order a double stack while getting a ticket. The cop didn't look happy.

I lost my keys for ten minutes before I realized I had been sitting on them the whole time.
I don't know which is more depressing. Being so senile that I forgot two seconds ago I layed my keys in my car seat to reach back and get my sunglasses. Or the fact that I sat on a huge set of keys and I have so much "junk in my trunk" that I didn't even feel it.

3 comments:

Fold My Laundry Please said...

I have done the exact same thing with my car keys! It's both frustrating and a little embarrassing. All the halloween candy I'm anticipating eating probably won't help things any, either.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad, Teresa. It's not as bad as running all over the house looking for a child that you are holding in your arms (sorry Katy).

Anonymous said...

I call it "overload". Our brains are like a computer hard drive ... sooner or later no more stuff can fit in there. I'm pretty sure mine crashes on a regular basis. Your mind was already at the bank and Old Navy but your butt was still on your keys.