Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My house smells like hot apple cider...and it's not even a Glade candle.

by teresa

It is so cold outside it makes me want to carve a pumpkin and wear a funky striped scarf. Maybe even buy something corduroy.
I woke up, saw my breath and thought one thing.
Beef stew.
It is a perfect beef stew kinda day.
So after the kids were off to school I started peeling taters and chopping meat and veggies. I tossed it all in the crock pot and can't wait to enjoy it with the family before Ben's frigid soccer practice tonight.

I also saw a yummy spiced apple and pear crumble recipe over at bread & honey and just had to make it too.

It will hit the spot when we get into our warm jammies tonight and cuddle on the couch before bed. I gave it a little taste (just to check the doneness) when it came hot out of the oven and ohhh my. It's like a big hug for your tummy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a good Mom! I'm so glad God gave you to us to take care of our Son and Grandkids. BTY ... is there any apple and pear crumble left over? I'll be right over :)

Watkins said...

I love baking in the fall. All the things you describe sound yummy! I am making chocolate cake now for the cakewalk on Friday. Cupcakes are next for the kids party at school. I forgot not everything is unpacked though and I have to run to the store for cupcake liners. Oh well! The life of being a "stay-at-home" mom / homeroom parent. haha
One week to go before Anne is born. Love, Mel