Monday, October 06, 2008

raise your hand if you're sure!

by teresa

What a great weekend.
Kai's team won (11 to 10) off his slams and rbi's.
It was very exciting.
Ben's team continued their winning streak with an awesome win over their Smithfield opponents (5 to 2). Ben scored a pretty goal in the second half.
I would put up a great picture....but my picasa is being grumpy this morning.

On the way to the soccer game Saturday, Ben and I stopped by the library. We were a little early and usually don't go out to that part of town, where our main library branch is located. It is huge (3 stories) and super nice. The parking lot was packed, so I assumed there must be a big event going on. We walked up and the automatic doors whoosed open (cool). That's when the foulest, most intense level of body odor hit us in the face. Ben was all,"ewww mom, what is that smell?" I scanned the lobby and new instantly where the offensive aromas were coming from. Nerds. don't take me the wrong way. I love nerds, I have wonderful nerds in my immediate family, I may even be a nerd from time to time. But I'm talking about 4oyr old, living in my mom's basement, your 1995 Toyota corolla has a bumper sticker that reads...my other car is a time machine, kind of nerd. Apparently Ben and I walked smack dab in the middle of Monsterfest 2008. There were tables and booths set up everywhere. Selling monster comics/movies and books, fortune tellers, alien photos and even real live ghost hunters. And the best part is all the people were poured into (more like busting out of) werewolf, vampire, monkey men and alien costumes. That's why it smelled so bad in there. The latex costumes, combined with the aversion to showering was a lethal combination. I soooo wish I had brought my camera in with me. But I did jot down a few of my favorite license plates and bumper stickers on the way out.

1. I brake for Leprechauns
2. I'm paranormal
3. 757-ghostbusters
4. Dr. Madblood rocks my Saturday nights!
5. 4spirits
6. Devo is #1

No comments: