Saturday, October 25, 2008

We have three years to look for a person who does reese cup sculptures

by teresa

Yesterday, on the way to school, Nick told me about a dream he had last night.
He prefaced the story with one word..."amazing".

Here's the conversation:

Mom, I dreamt it was my 16th birthday.
You guys threw me a huge party that everybody I ever knew came to.
We had those big lights outside (like at car dealerships) shining in the sky for people to find us.
It was set up in the gym at church and there were colored spot lights rotating across the room and ceiling.
The music was loud and I was having a great time.
There was a big statue of me made entirely of reese cups.
And then right before I took a bite of the cake...you woke me up to get in the shower.

Why mom?
Why did you have to wake me before I tasted the cake?

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not?"
-George Bernerd Shaw

5 comments:

Beth said...

Recently, I saw an 'Ace of Cakes' episode where they did a giant Reece's cup with a statue of the birthday girl on top of it. Wonder if Nick saw that same episode?!?

Anonymous said...

Probably ... and it really made an impression on him. We know what gets Nick's attention.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a sweet dream!

christincherie said...

Ok, I'm going to bed now and I wanna dream of eating an entire dozen Krispy Kremes.....Mmmmmm. At least if you dream it, the calories don't count.

kristi said...

Fantastic dream!! Why'd you go and ruin it?? LOL!