Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Your barn door is open

by teresa

I took off my under clothes today...and a bubble gum wrapper fell out.
From where...I don't know?

The weird thing is...I haven't even chewed any gum recently.

I have a question for you.
Do you tell strangers when they have something on them, inside out, unzipped or holey?
I always tell.
I have been in this situation several times lately.
A man in front of me had on new pants with the size sticker still on his back leg. A woman in a store with her shirt inside out and a mommy (toting two toddlers) with her blouse unbuttoned.
I would hope someone would do the same for me.

4 comments:

Watkins said...

My mother and I would always check each other to make sure we were tucked and buttoned, etc. I miss her! One day last week I put on a beautiful blue pantsuit to sub. When I got home that afternoon, my mother-in-law complimented me on it when I got home then she noticed the back of the collar was untucked and said "What a shame!" I don't know anyone here well enough to "fix" me at work. How embarrassing! I will tell others I know but it's hard to tell someone you don't know. Mel

Anonymous said...

I can tell them about their clothing, but not necessarily something personal. "You have lipstick on your teeth" is easier to point out than "There's something in/on your nose" or "You have bad breath." But I would like for someone to let me know that.

christincherie said...

If you ever want to know the truth, just ask a child. Every once in a while, I still get some random little child commenting on how I have "old lady hands." haha!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I tell. If anything like that was wrong with me, I'd be so embarrassed to find out later and no one told me.