Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blue Lights

By Chris

Well . . . It finally happened. Pulled over by the police . . . with a ticket issued. I have always been able to get out of the few "infractions" I have been caught at behind the wheel. And, Teresa always predicted my day would come. Because, I've been known to make record time. I did get a "photo" ticket, but I always said that didn't count. No moving violation on your record with those , and there's nobody to talk out of anything. But, I still think I did pretty well. It was a sheriff hiding in the dark on Rte 58 that got me. I was hurrying home from Raleigh . . . a trip full of speed trappin' cops. I don't know any police people in that area to drop a name (which has worked for me before close to home), so I just went real nice and respectful (that's worked for me too). He took my license and said "I'm gonna give you little break," and headed back to his car, I assumed to just run my license and make sure I wasn't an ax murderer or something. I thought "a little break" meant no ticket. He came back with one. But, instead of it being for going 72 in a 60, it was for "failure to obey a highway sign." Cha-ching! Much cheaper fine, and probably better on the record too. Heck, maybe its not even a moving violation. His reasoning: "the sign said 60, and you didn't obey it. " Wink;)) Thank you officer!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky, Chris.

Be sure to drive carefully. Your family (all of us) needs you!

Anonymous said...

I think it's pretty amazing any guy went so long with no moving violations.

Anonymous said...

Its happened to me ....... So long and then bam back to back to back! So be careful