Monday, November 24, 2008

Bug or windshield

By Chris

I told some of the kids from the soccer team : "In life and sports . . . sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug." Being the windshield is more fun. But, you learn a lot more about people . . . and yourself . . . when you \ they are the bug. And, when you've been the bug, you become a better windshield, if you know what I mean. So, I guess the point was, make good use of your bug experiences. You think anyone got it?

Which for some reason reminds me of this song. I don't know the name of it or who sings it, but I love it. This is for Teresa, because she's the one who makes even my bug days great:

"You know life has its little ups and downs.
Just like ponies on a merry-go-round.
No one grabs a brass ring everytime.
But she don't mind. My baby don't mind.
She wears a gold ring on her finger, and I'm so glad it's mine!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Chris, that song is so sweet.

I get the bug on the windshield analogy.

Jackie Barham said...

AWWW! How sweet. You guys are so awesome. I bet they got the windshield thing ... if not they will eventually.

Gidget said...

Awww sweetie wasn't that nice....are trying to get meatloaf for dinner or me for dessert?

Sterling Dawn said...

you guys are so cute, it's sickening!

i like the bug thing. i will use that in sunday school.

Anonymous said...

Man, Chris are you sure you don't have a brother for me?

Anonymous said...

Come on Chris, Man Up! You are making the rest of us look bad.

George

Jackie Barham said...

Don't pay any attention to George!