Tuesday, November 04, 2008

WE VOTED!

Five restriction threats, four ultimatums of with holding lunch, three "I'm gonna get you when we get home" mom looks, two times I pretended not to know them and one hour and a half later.
I took Ben and his two friends to vote with me this morning. They whined and whined about the long lines and drizzling rain. At one point Keagan yells out,"If Obama wins I want to move to another country!"
I wanted to curl up and die right there.
I told him we need to keep our opinions to ourselves as I felt hundreds of glaring eyes piercing through me.
But once we entered the building and stepped up to begin the process, they were in awe. I had the people explain why they were taking my ID and how my information gets on the "atm"card. Then we walked over to the machine and we talked through the whole thing. Ben put in the card (and Joe asked if money came out of the machine). Joe selected my president, Keagan my senator and Ben my congressman. They all three together pushed CAST BALLOT.
When they were given "I voted" stickers, all whines and complaints were forgotten and replaced with, "that was cool"...""can we go again later with Lauren?"...and "thank you for taking us".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! Patriots ALL!! We are all voted here too. We did what we could, now the rest is in the hands of God and any unsavory acts that happen in elections. Pray that the results will bring us closer to the Lord!!
Brenda M.

Anonymous said...

That was a really great experience for the kids. We need to pray for our nation and whoever the president will be. He will certainly need it.

mamahokie said...

Paul said to tell you that if Obama wins, we won't have to move: it will BE a different country! I'm with "Mom": pray for whoever wins and for quick healing of the country, for no matter who wins, we all lose. We will be a country divided.

Anonymous said...

Go Mom! Ya'll sure look happy! That was a very cool thing to do ... not to mention brave.
I pray God will hear from Heaven and heal our land. I wonder if this season has caused people to pray more for our nation. I know I sure have been. If so ... that's a good thing.

Sterling Dawn said...

did you let them pick your votes?? unconstitutional, young lady! although it wouldn't have made much difference either way.

Gidget said...

We discussed in line who I wanted them to pick for me.