Thursday, January 01, 2009

Blackeyed peas anyone?

by teresa

Happy New Year to you all.
For the first time in all my adult life I almost went to bed before midnight last night.
Almost.
I was tired and Ben spent the night out. He's usually the only one who stays up with me.
Chris took pity on me and waited out the ball drop (and our neighborhood fireworks display) on the couch with me.
Around 9:00pm we all got into jammies, cause you just can't veg. on the couch in jeans and a sweater. I put on my new pink jammies with the polar bears I got half price after Christmas. Nick said I looked like the kid on a Christmas story in his bunny outfit.
We proceeded to watch snippets of Dick Clark , The Bucket List movie and some episodes of the Honeymooners.
I made a frozen pizza and cake.
I know....we know how to party hard don't we?
At midnight Ben called to say Happy New Year and I went on the porch to say the same to mom (who was on her porch next door). I banged on a pot. Twice. I know....party on dude.
Today I will finish erasing Christmas trees, candles, snow globes and ornament glitter from our home. It needs to over, not in mind, but in sight.
I promise to put up some pics. soon.

2 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

Happy New Year to you and all of your Bloggin' buddies whose comments I also enjoy reading!

Anonymous said...

I knew I could count on you to bring in the new year with a bang on the pot. I was the only one up at our house. Katy went to bed at 10 a.m. She's a real party animal, too!