Monday, January 26, 2009

we the people...

by teresa

We had a dessert auction after our church potluck yesterday.
Money is being raised for the Upward basketball program, and everyone donated a homemade pie or cake or brownies.
It raised over $1200.00
Goodness, we are serious about our food.
I won a chocolate fudge cake with homemade choc. icing.
It was amazing!
Nick took my picture with it. I will post later.
Right now we are all up early and about to head to Richmond for the day (schools out for a teacher workday).
It is pta day at the general assembly and we are going to represent Nick's school.
I'll take lots of pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe how much money people spent on cakes, etc. I think the highest cake went for $125. And a bag of chocolate chip cookies went for $30.00. The cake you won was so delicious. I WANT THAT RECIPE!!

kristi said...

chocolate on chocolate, the best kind of eating!