Thursday, January 15, 2009

what's going on around here?

by teresa

Ben signed up for beginning Spanish classes. Every wed. after school for six weeks. He is so excited. I think his goal is to be able to understand what our waiter at Rancho Grande is saying about us behind our back.

Nick is thinking about playing football. When I say "thinking" I mean he didn't poo poo us when we suggested it tonight. Usually we get a NO WAY...or FORGET IT! He loves playing basketball (and he's good), but have you looked at the boy. He looks like he could take someone out!

Lauren's best friend (and constant college break companion) Jasmine went back to school (Hampton University) on Sunday, so we have been seeing alot of her this week. I like that. She has eaten dinner with us and even stayed up and watched tv with me. Her and dad also snuck out the other night and had a little dinner date. She did the sweetest thing yesterday. She brought me home a vanilla latte from 7-11. It really hit the spot and put a smile on my face. Now, if I could just get her to clean her bathroom and wash a tub of clothes once in a while I would be one happy momma! Maybe by the time she's 30?

6 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

Wow ... what an awesome week you have had See ... you DO reap what you sow. You and Chris have sown good seed.

Jackie Barham said...

Football sounds dangerous and I don't want my baby to get hurt, so, I vote for basketball. Not only that it's cold outside in football season :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think our baby would get hurt - I'd be worrying about the other guy. I like basketball better, too. Do the Nannys' votes count?

kristi said...

Good luck with teaching your daughter that. I still tell mine the hamper is in her room for a reason!

Anonymous said...

He wouldnt get hurt in football! Let Him Play!!!! I would go watch him!

Scott

Watkins said...

Enjoy the moment and the latte.