Thursday, March 05, 2009

the comings and goings of the green's

by teresa

*I got a new hairdryer after busting my old one (dropped it on the floor and smoke started pouring out). It was the first time I ever spent more than 9.99 on one. Who knew, but it really makes a difference paying a bit more. I tried it out on Nick's hair this morning. His thick mane was dry in less than a minute. He got a kick out of the "power", grabbed it from me, stuck it under his shirt and blew his clothes out like the michellin man. *boys*

* We went to Kristian's soccer practice last night and I froze a toe off. Not really, but it sure felt like it. Loafers and 20 degrees don't go together. Out of 17 kids on the team, 11 are girls. wow....that should be fun. Also, Chris volunteered to help coach. *Of course*

* Lauren, Chris and I sat down last night and did the Campbell's labels and Box tops for Ben's school. Well, actually, Lauren and I did it and Chris sat in the same room teasing me for always spending so much time on volunteer work. But that didn't stop him from recruiting me to come to his office to volunteer once a week. I told him I would do it if he took me out to lunch when I came. Also, he has to call me "secretary". We will do anything to keep it exciting around here.

* Lauren has spring break next week. Let's take bets about what time she will rise each day. 2:00pm? maybe 3:00pm?

* This weekend is the CAA tournament (which ODU plays in) in Richmond. Chris has not missed this tournament in over twenty years. Nothing interrupts this annual pilgrimage with his college buddies. Not rain, snow, birth (Ben's) or illness. Lauren and her ODU crew are now joining in this tradition. They have scraped together and gotten a hotel room (one room) and are heading down tonight to settle in for four days of nonstop basketball. Which means me and the boys have the whole house to ourselves for the weekend. PAAAAAAARTEEEE!

* Ben's spring soccer season starts on Saturday. Wow. We had one whole weekend free of soccer. AAAArrrrggggg!

*Nick's band festival is tomorrow night. He is excited and has been practicing alot. We have been run out of every room in the house by his incessant tooting *ba dump bump*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well its about time you updated this blog of yours. I have been checking everyday...and nothing was new.

Okay...let's see; I think Lauren will wake up at 2:17pm next week

Yuck about the whole SECRETARY thing

...and I'm down for the PAAAAAAARTEEEE at your house this weekend. I'll bring the chips and dip...you provide the main course and entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Let's go see Madea Goes to Jail.