Thursday, May 07, 2009

I'll keep you posted

by teresa

Pooh escaped in the night.
His cage door was wide open when I woke this morning.
Chris and I are up scouring the house (with Shorty locked outside).
This is not good.
Ben gets up in ten minutes...I will try to keep him out of his room (he slept in our bed) before school. He will freak out completely if he sees the empty cage.
The last time a hamster got away (Lauren's...ten years ago) we found the carcass years later.

UPDATE
Chris went to put his shoes on for work...and the hamster scurried out into his hands. Chris said pooh seemed petrified and went right to him. He probably smelled Shorty sniffing around on the prowl.
Thank you Jesus.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'll pray that you find Pooh alive.

Jackie Barham said...

Awww ... I'm glad you found him.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

So glad that ended well!!