Friday, June 19, 2009

straight has the right away doofus!

by teresa

Almost crashed my car into a light pole this morning.
Running out to get the boys a biscuit (bogo coupon from MickeyD's).
Going *ahem* around 45ish down the highway.
Crossing through a lighted intersection when...whoosh...a car going the opposite way turns across me.
No time to brake....at all.
I channeled my inner Earnhardt and did the craziest moves I had ever seen off track.
ERRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....Avoided car, avoided light pole, avoided flip (all the time maintaining my speed).....and then drove on...unscathed and undeterred on my free biscuit mission.

My heart is still beating a mile a minute.
The rest of the way home I think I maintained 15mpr...tops.
That kind of a close call will keep you in check for a good while.

Any of you had close calls like that?
Any of you have an accident story to tell?

2 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

YIKES! PTL you didn't crash your new car.

Mom said...

I'm so thankful you're okay. Angels are watching over you.