Friday, September 25, 2009

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Mark Twain

by teresa

I don't think a woman drives with more caution or prays so fervently, than when she drives her teenage son to school in her pajamas and realizes she left her cellphone at home.

I was in the beginning stages of getting ready this morning (after shower...before dressing) when it was time to take Nick. Ben threw my whole morning off with his extra primping for picture day. So I had to toss my pj's back on and head out...hair wet and shoeless. After turning off our street I realized I had left my cellphone on the counter. oh no! What if I wreck? What if someone hits me? What if I pop my tire in a pot hole? What if one of my headlights is out and a cop pulls me over? What if...what if...what if? All these things went threw my mind and I was in a panic. I then drove so perfectly, obeying all current and future traffic rules, so as not to have my disrobed self displayed to the neighbors and my son's classmates. And as I moved down the road (in the absolute middle of my lane I might add) I prayed. I prayed hard. I prayed powerfully. I prayed automotively.

I made it home without being exposed (except for the trashman who drove by as I was walking in my house).
I will never do that again.

No comments: