Friday, October 23, 2009

what are they teaching these days?

by teresa

Ben was bragging about his knowledge of elements.
"AU is gold, B is boron, HE is helium, O is oxygen".
They just started covering this in science class, but with the way Ben talks (the kid is full of himself) you would think he is a child prodigy in nuecleosynthesis.

Then he said the funniest thing. What made it funny is that he said it with total certainty and authority.

"There is a boy in my class that knows the entire PATRIOTIC TABLE by heart!" *lol*

AU America United?
AM Amber waves of grain?
IN In God we trust?

They didn't teach the patriotic table in the 80's. It must be the new science.

2 comments:

Mom said...

That's funny. I wonder why they call it the Periodic table? Nevermind, I just looked it up so now I know why.

Anonymous said...

I never did learn that patriotic table myself....

Kids are sponges for sure!