Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve morning

by teresa

So excited.
Everyone is still asleep and I am up early to get my cleaning done.
I've dusted, bathrooms, mopped, scrubbed and laundered since rolling out of bed.
I will save my vacuuming for their waking hours (I'm so nice).
The rest of the day is family day.
Games, movies and the traditional Christmas eve dinner at China Garden.

This past week has been a blur of gatherings.
I am so thankful to have reconnected with my dad's side of the family.
Too many years had gone by with separate family gatherings.
Since daddy died, I feel drawn to them (they all look just like him!).
A remembered connection of secret sharing, large (and loud) family gatherings with all my cousins and playing in my Nanny Jean's yard. I will not let too much time pass between hugs again.

No comments: