Wednesday, June 02, 2010

can you say inconsiderate?

by teresa

Conversation with my teen:

Teen (in the morning): Mom, you don't have to pick me up after school today. I am walking to the rec. center with my friends to play basketball.

Mom: Sounds great precious boy, have a blessed day at school. (actually I said, "whatever")

Teen (texting mom during school against the rules big time): Mom, please come after school to pick up my book bag so I don't have to carry it to the rec. center.

Mom: No problem sweetheart, anything for you. (again, I probably said "whatever")

With the end of school near, I drop what I am doing at home (I'm sure it was something super improtant) and head to the parking lot to wait for Nicky. I get there a few minutes early to get one of the coveted spots (it gets crazy with all the after school pickups). I wait and wait and wait some more. School has now ended and I wait. The buses have now left and I wait. Then I here my phone do the little *ting* for a text message.

Teen (texting mom): Nevermind

Mom: Nevermind what? I am here already!

Teen: Nevermind

Mom: Did you leave already? Nevermind me going home or nevermind me staying here?

Teen: no response

Now I have to remember this the next time he "needs me". If he needs to be picked up from something, I will wait until twenty minutes after our arranged pick up time and then text him, "nevermind"!

2 comments:

Jackie Barham said...

ROFL! They never cease to amaze me.

Mom said...

Yep, he's really a teen now.