Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Embarrassment is an emotional state experienced upon having a socially unacceptable act or condition witnessed by or revealed to others.

by teresa

As I am sitting in my car, waiting for Ben's school to let out, a car pulls up next to me.
The driver parks and exits the car, heading toward the front doors of the school.
I glance up from my book and gasp, knowing some poor child is about to die from embarrassment in the next five minutes. This lady is entering the school dressed in pajama pants (with a hole in the left cheek...thong), a white strappy tank top (see-thru and toddler size), hot pink bra (with the ripped elastic hanging under one arm), hair pulled up in a rats nest bun on the top of her head and bare foot.
Can you imagine the child's horror when they walk around the corner and find mom waiting dressed like that? Although, it would be a good punishment. Maybe that kid got in trouble at school or ate his mom's pepperidge farm cookies (that's a punishable offense in my house)? I should put together a similar outfit for the next time Nick "forgets" he had homework or Ben gets a note home saying he is a bit too "chatty" in class. Then I will stroll into school donning said outfit and walk up to them and their friends and demand a kiss. I think it would be much more effective than restriction. Don't you?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Don't forget that we DO live in Norfolk Highlands and that is considered normal attire. (Just kidding)

You're so funny. I think you should try that punishment sometime. It should be VERY effective.